Things I’m working on:
1. Being Organized
2. Taking Stairs
3. Taking Pictures
4. My Fun-Do List
5. Being Kind, all the time
6. If I witness an injustice, don't allow it
8. This Blog :)
REBELWe’re young. We’re supposed to drink too much. We’re supposed to have bad attitudes and shag each others brains out. We are designed to party. This is it! Yeah, so a few of us will overdose, or go mental. But Charles Darwin said you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. And that’s what it’s about - breaking eggs - and by eggs, I do mean, getting twatted on a cocktail of class A’s. If you could just see yourselves, it breaks my heart! You’re wearing cardigans! We had it all. We fucked up bigger and better than any generation that came before us. We were so beautiful. We’re screw-ups. I’m a screw-up and I plan to be a screw-up until my late twenties, maybe even my early thirties. And I will shag my own mother before I let her or anyone else take that away from me! Nathan, Misfits
1. Make my own dress
2. Go to Berlin
3. Go rock climbing --- outdoors
4. Steal an elephant
5. Get a tattoo
6. Grad School
9. Seed Bombing
10. Anonymously buy dinner for someone
- :/ :/ :/ :/ Adventure Adventurize Art Change clothes comfort DIY Exercise fashion Fitness Food giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll Happiness Health Healthy hmmmmm? Hope Hopeful Insipiration Life Lifestyle Living-Well Living Green Love Love and other funny feelings Mu$ik Music Occupy Wallstreet Ofu! Procrastination :0 Random READ ME Relationships Revolution Seed Bombing Shit Happens Spanish Revolution The more you know Useful work Yoga Youth Ñ
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Click here for the original post.
1. Use a can opener to open sealed plastic packaging.
This tip would have saved me approximately 22.8 hours of my life.
2. Add saline solution to refresh dried-out mascara.
Just a couple of drops will do.
3. Use a toilet seat cover to blot the oil from a greasy face.
4. Use pretty wine corks to make planters for tiny succulents.
Put magnets on them and hang them on your fridge. Instructions here.
5. Amplify the volume of your iPhone or iPod by placing it in a bowl.
6. Use paper hole reinforcements to give yourself a half-moon manicure.
7. Use a banana to fix a DVD.
8. Use Jello as a lipstain.
Directions: Pour the powder mix into a bowl and moisten a Q-Tip with water. Then, being very careful not to use your fingers since the red stains stay put, dip the Q-Tip into the powder and apply it directly to your lips.
9. Use diluted fabric softener as a leave-in hair conditioner.
10. Use a lint roller to clean out the debris in your handbag.
I am the queen of cookie crumbs in my handbag.
11. Use nonstick spray on the inside of your votive holders.
When the candle has burned out, the remaining wax will just slip out.
12. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
There’s a scientific explanation behind this.
(You can also use marshmallows to separate your toes during a home pedicure.)
13. Use newspaper as an odor absorber.
You can put it in Tupperware, or the crisper bin of your fridge, or in a purse with any lingering leather smells.
14. Use aspirin to turn hair made green by chlorine back to its natural color.
Dissolve six to eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water, coat hair with the solution, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
15. Use a sock to create a big perfect hair bun.
16. Use a spoon to open a sealed-tight jar.
Read more detailed instructions here.
17. Use a rubber band for perfect French tips.
18. Hang a picture using a pop tab.
The pop tab is surprisingly sturdy.
19. Use VapoRub to train your pets.
Apply VapoRub on things you don’t want chewed up or peed on by your cat or dog — they’re turned off by the taste and smell.
It also supposedly cures toenail fungus.
20. Use mayonnaise to erase water stains from wooden furniture.
21. Use fabric softener and vinegar in a spray bottle to release wrinkles from clothing.
22. Use a cereal container as a trash disposal in your car.
23. Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to make cut flowers last longer.
24. Use Alka-Seltzer to clean your toilet.
Drop a couple tablets in, wait 20 minutes. The citric acid will dissolve the grime.
25. Use hand sanitizer to dissolve ink stains.
26. Use (unscented) dental floss to cut soft cheeses and cakes.
27. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to keep the soles from touching your clothes.
28. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
29. Use Earl Grey teabags to get rid of a sunburn.
Read the directions here.
30. Use mustard to suck the pain out of a burn.
But also, don’t put your hand on a boiling kettle.
31. Rub the cut edge of cheese with some butter to keep it from getting moldy.
32. Use Scotch tape or nail polish to relieve an insect bite.
Blocking oxygen from getting into the bite will stop the itching.
33. Use a blow-dryer on a mirror to clear the steam after a hot shower.
34. Throw baking soda on a burgeoning grease fire.
It works much like a powder fire extinguisher. But don’t use water, baking powder or flour, as it’s likely to make the fire even bigger.
35. Open a bottle of wine using your shoe.
Maybe the most useful thing anyone needs to know, ever.
Both letting go and moving on are interesting concepts; whether it’s a place, a stage in life, or a person in your life. Letting go and moving on are always difficult.
One of my friends just began teaching. One of her 6th graders asked her what would happen if he passed all of his tests and did all of his homework. My friend replied that he would then move onto 7th grade. He was perplexed and responded, “so it’s like 6th grade never happened?” As ridiculous as the question seems, I think that when a lot of us want to let go/move on, we go through a stage when we need to detach ourselves and pretend it never happened. Hence, Gotye’s Somebody I used to know, or I have an ex-boyfriend that would not look at me/ or even in my direction after we had broken up. So is this child’s question really that ridiculous? I mean, I am forever changed by the individuals I meet and the places I visit so clearly they happened.
Sometimes though, moving on may make it seem as though 6th grade didn’t happen…. Maybe that’s why it’s so difficult to accept and to do.
Anyway, Gangstas buy some booze with your fake i.d.s ….. and wear red lipstick!
I love NYC 😉
I’m leaving Los Angeles, CA for NYC!!! In TWO days!!!! fuuuuuuuuuuck I can’t believe it. NYC has 80% humidity and 100% high fashion.