Click here for the original post.
1. Use a can opener to open sealed plastic packaging.
This tip would have saved me approximately 22.8 hours of my life.
2. Add saline solution to refresh dried-out mascara.
Just a couple of drops will do.
3. Use a toilet seat cover to blot the oil from a greasy face.
4. Use pretty wine corks to make planters for tiny succulents.
Put magnets on them and hang them on your fridge. Instructions here.
5. Amplify the volume of your iPhone or iPod by placing it in a bowl.
6. Use paper hole reinforcements to give yourself a half-moon manicure.
7. Use a banana to fix a DVD.
8. Use Jello as a lipstain.
Directions: Pour the powder mix into a bowl and moisten a Q-Tip with water. Then, being very careful not to use your fingers since the red stains stay put, dip the Q-Tip into the powder and apply it directly to your lips.
9. Use diluted fabric softener as a leave-in hair conditioner.
10. Use a lint roller to clean out the debris in your handbag.
I am the queen of cookie crumbs in my handbag.
11. Use nonstick spray on the inside of your votive holders.
When the candle has burned out, the remaining wax will just slip out.
12. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
There’s a scientific explanation behind this.
(You can also use marshmallows to separate your toes during a home pedicure.)
13. Use newspaper as an odor absorber.
You can put it in Tupperware, or the crisper bin of your fridge, or in a purse with any lingering leather smells.
14. Use aspirin to turn hair made green by chlorine back to its natural color.
Dissolve six to eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water, coat hair with the solution, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
15. Use a sock to create a big perfect hair bun.
16. Use a spoon to open a sealed-tight jar.
Read more detailed instructions here.
17. Use a rubber band for perfect French tips.
18. Hang a picture using a pop tab.
The pop tab is surprisingly sturdy.
19. Use VapoRub to train your pets.
Apply VapoRub on things you don’t want chewed up or peed on by your cat or dog — they’re turned off by the taste and smell.
It also supposedly cures toenail fungus.
20. Use mayonnaise to erase water stains from wooden furniture.
21. Use fabric softener and vinegar in a spray bottle to release wrinkles from clothing.
22. Use a cereal container as a trash disposal in your car.
23. Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to make cut flowers last longer.
24. Use Alka-Seltzer to clean your toilet.
Drop a couple tablets in, wait 20 minutes. The citric acid will dissolve the grime.
25. Use hand sanitizer to dissolve ink stains.
26. Use (unscented) dental floss to cut soft cheeses and cakes.
27. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to keep the soles from touching your clothes.
28. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
29. Use Earl Grey teabags to get rid of a sunburn.
Read the directions here.
30. Use mustard to suck the pain out of a burn.
But also, don’t put your hand on a boiling kettle.
31. Rub the cut edge of cheese with some butter to keep it from getting moldy.
32. Use Scotch tape or nail polish to relieve an insect bite.
Blocking oxygen from getting into the bite will stop the itching.
33. Use a blow-dryer on a mirror to clear the steam after a hot shower.
34. Throw baking soda on a burgeoning grease fire.
It works much like a powder fire extinguisher. But don’t use water, baking powder or flour, as it’s likely to make the fire even bigger.
35. Open a bottle of wine using your shoe.
Maybe the most useful thing anyone needs to know, ever.
UCLA did a study where college boys were asked to rate their preference of women’s body types. These boys were hungry… for food. Upon completing the task, they were given a sandwich. Then they were given more bodies to rate. It turns out, hungry males prefer fuller looking women; whereas, satiated hunger led these same men to choose more slender women. Moral of the story: NEVER FEED A MAN!!!
Jokes… but I do believe that most women struggle with weight, even really anno looking ones.
Anywho, I do believe that eating healthy and smart is important. I don’t normally like to share when I’m dieting mostly because I don’t think anyone cares. But I have found a great site for healthy eating!
The author has some great recipes. Her website is available here. Also, this is how we should eat ALL of the time, splurging once in a while.
There’s a wonderful girl in Long Beach who holds Yoga classes every Saturday and Sunday by the beach. Classes are free, but of course donations are included and well earned!
I absolutely adore her energy and teaching style, plus she always has all these really deep inspirational phrases to get you through the poses and life.
Though it may not seem so, Yoga is difficult! Today my back is sore and it feels so good! — That’s probably the point that Yoga like life can sometimes seem so easy to the outside but to the individual doing each pose, going through each motion there’s a bit more going on.
Anyway, I love this picture! Remember if you’re going through something difficult a diamond is coal under pressure; you’re on your way to becoming a diamond.
July 16, 2012 in Happiness, Life, Uncategorized, Woahmen
Tagged Change, Fitness, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll, Happiness, Health, Healthy, Life, Yoga
This is a GREAT idea! Easy peasy.
Check out the Free People blog for great DIY’s and inspiration, click here.
Again I have been terrible at checking with my blog there is really no excuse except my laziness.
I have been a terrible blogger, neglecting this blog for what seems like months.
During my time away I have been to Amsterdam and Prague. I LOVED these two places. I spent Christmas in Valladolid with my friend B. On the 27th of December I flew right on over to Amsterdam. I got into the city at around 9pm. I was completely taken aback by the beauty, lights, extravagant architecture, EVERYTHING!
I did an insane amount of walking in Amsterdam and it’s surrounding villages.
I met a Chinese guy who only spoke chinese and german. So after 5 years since taking german in high-school, I spoke German for a day and a half!!!!
I started this post almost a month ago and never managed to finish because I’m an insanely busy or hungover little bee.
But I don’t want to neglect my blog any longer!
Last night I saw a flamenco show. It was amazing, full of passion and fervor. I also pierced my nose!!! I’m pretty sure the Spanish guy piercing my nose thinks American girls are crazy. I went with my friend, who also got her nose pierced and we were both freaking out like little boys….
But we managed and now my nose hurts a little.
More posts to come very soon!!!
Posted in a Fun-Do List, Art, Finally, Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrl, Happiness, Life, Moooove that bootay!, Photos, Woahmen
Tagged Adventurize, Ñ, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll, Happiness, Ofu!, Random
I love that life and people will always surprise you!
I have been taking a clown course with my new Spanish roomate. Like me she is a bit shy when it comes to being an idiot in front of a group of people (I do however manage to identically act the fool in front of people).
Anyway, after I got a few drinks into her….( I really like wine I’m assuming she does as well given her consumption). I found out that this sweet, caring little girl (well young adult) is quite the hoodlum, always for moral reasons of course. She told me she egged houses, again for moral reasons and I told her how ordered my margaritas, “I want a margarita, make it strong, I don’t want to feel my eyeballs at the end of this night.” She was all about this line, and has promised to try it in the near future.
I met a woman who was in love with life (because of Italians and wine) I think life’s pleasant surprises are making me fall in love.
Also, I want a PUPPY!!!!