Click here for the original post.
1. Use a can opener to open sealed plastic packaging.
This tip would have saved me approximately 22.8 hours of my life.
2. Add saline solution to refresh dried-out mascara.
Just a couple of drops will do.
3. Use a toilet seat cover to blot the oil from a greasy face.
4. Use pretty wine corks to make planters for tiny succulents.
Put magnets on them and hang them on your fridge. Instructions here.
5. Amplify the volume of your iPhone or iPod by placing it in a bowl.
6. Use paper hole reinforcements to give yourself a half-moon manicure.
7. Use a banana to fix a DVD.
8. Use Jello as a lipstain.
Directions: Pour the powder mix into a bowl and moisten a Q-Tip with water. Then, being very careful not to use your fingers since the red stains stay put, dip the Q-Tip into the powder and apply it directly to your lips.
9. Use diluted fabric softener as a leave-in hair conditioner.
10. Use a lint roller to clean out the debris in your handbag.
I am the queen of cookie crumbs in my handbag.
11. Use nonstick spray on the inside of your votive holders.
When the candle has burned out, the remaining wax will just slip out.
12. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
There’s a scientific explanation behind this.
(You can also use marshmallows to separate your toes during a home pedicure.)
13. Use newspaper as an odor absorber.
You can put it in Tupperware, or the crisper bin of your fridge, or in a purse with any lingering leather smells.
14. Use aspirin to turn hair made green by chlorine back to its natural color.
Dissolve six to eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water, coat hair with the solution, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
15. Use a sock to create a big perfect hair bun.
16. Use a spoon to open a sealed-tight jar.
Read more detailed instructions here.
17. Use a rubber band for perfect French tips.
18. Hang a picture using a pop tab.
The pop tab is surprisingly sturdy.
19. Use VapoRub to train your pets.
Apply VapoRub on things you don’t want chewed up or peed on by your cat or dog — they’re turned off by the taste and smell.
It also supposedly cures toenail fungus.
20. Use mayonnaise to erase water stains from wooden furniture.
21. Use fabric softener and vinegar in a spray bottle to release wrinkles from clothing.
22. Use a cereal container as a trash disposal in your car.
23. Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to make cut flowers last longer.
24. Use Alka-Seltzer to clean your toilet.
Drop a couple tablets in, wait 20 minutes. The citric acid will dissolve the grime.
25. Use hand sanitizer to dissolve ink stains.
26. Use (unscented) dental floss to cut soft cheeses and cakes.
27. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to keep the soles from touching your clothes.
28. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
29. Use Earl Grey teabags to get rid of a sunburn.
Read the directions here.
30. Use mustard to suck the pain out of a burn.
But also, don’t put your hand on a boiling kettle.
31. Rub the cut edge of cheese with some butter to keep it from getting moldy.
32. Use Scotch tape or nail polish to relieve an insect bite.
Blocking oxygen from getting into the bite will stop the itching.
33. Use a blow-dryer on a mirror to clear the steam after a hot shower.
34. Throw baking soda on a burgeoning grease fire.
It works much like a powder fire extinguisher. But don’t use water, baking powder or flour, as it’s likely to make the fire even bigger.
35. Open a bottle of wine using your shoe.
Maybe the most useful thing anyone needs to know, ever.
Step 1: Print this picture and hang it over your desk.
Step 2: Be uplifted by this inspiring corgi cross stitch.
Step 4: Imagine you are this penguin.
Step 6: Remember that these dogs are on your side.
Step 7: And this dog with a goat will fight for you as well.
Step 8: Be happy that you aren’t one of these people.
Step 9: Be happy that these are not your taco shells.
Step 10: Hey look, Johnny Depp had to iron cheese sandwiches too!
Step 11: Allow yourself to enjoy these pictures of dogs.
Step 12: Look at this cat riding a rooster.
Step 13: Look at this hedgehog wearing a tiny hat.
For the original follow the link:
Posted in Guilty Pleasures, Happiness, Life, Love and Other Funny Feelings, Uncategorized
Tagged Ñ, Change, Happiness, Life, Living-Well, Love and other funny feelings, Random, READ ME
Just kidding, but you should watch this video because it’ll make you happy and being happy makes you look pretty/handsome!
It’s Monday again, Welcome!
In the words of Alanis Morissette, “Isn’t it ironic? Don’t you think” that we spend our youth wanting to be older, and our adulthood desperately holding on to any traces of youth.
Anyway, my point is I discovered this website from a younger much cooler individual. (I’d like to think not that much younger– though when we were in elementary school I constantly reminded her how much older I was)
Also, the dollar sign in the name was inspired by Drake– I don’t really know why, it just was.
http://metrojolt.com/ Check it out! It’s pretty cool.
Posted in Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrl, Happiness, Mu$ik, Music, Youth
Tagged Art, Ñ, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll, Mu$ik, Music, Random, Useful
I don’t care what anyone says Lincoln was a babe; one of my favorite presidents.
My favorite thing about Lincoln is that he always kept his cool. When betrayed or antagonized he wouldn’t reprimand or hand out verbal lashings. Instead, he wrote “strongly worded” letters, to those who had wronged him. However, he never sent them.
He realized that these letters would only be met with resentment. The recipient would not feel sorry, instead he/she (but lets be real, he) would justify his own actions and condemn those of the president.
In my youthful haste to persuade people, I have severed one + relationships with unkind words. Next time, I feel like I’ve been “ass – fucked in the heart,” I’ll ask myself, what would Lincoln do….
So write a letter. Blow off steam, because resentment makes you look fat. But for the love of whomever DON’T SEND IT!
Next time you’re overcome by rage just ask yourself what would Lincoln do. Carry a five dollar bill folded like the one in the picture in your wallet.
For the past two years I have been living in the paradise known as Sevilla, Espana! For the past month my friends and I have been speaking of the culture shock we would experience upon our return to the USA. I was so sure that I would be immune to it and that I would adapt perfectly to my life in Los Angeles.
Alas, I was wrong! I returned to the states on Thursday afternoon and already I long for the warmth of Sevilla, its narrow streets, its friendly people, its roman ruins, and most of all the great people I have met there. I want to go back so badly. Yet here I am in Los Angeles jobless and friendless ( most people have moved away or started real lives). I realize that soon I will settle and start a real life but I really don’t want to. I want to return to my life in Spain where I could just ride my green, second-hand bici anywhere in the city. But the realities of school loans and working towards a career have pulled me back to the good ole’ US of A.
Will Ferrell looks much older! Gah, why is life changing so quickly!!!!
Posted in Life, uh oh
Tagged :/, Ñ, hmmmmm?, Life
It’s hard to believe it but I only have two months and a half left in Seville, Spain. I’m only just now starting to feel settled with my life here. I realize that I should take it all in and enjoy the moment but it’s just so difficult to not think of the future. Since childhood, this “think ahead” ideology has been engraved in my mind.
A popular psychology study involves placing a marshmallow in front of a child, telling him or her that he/she can eat the marshmallow immediately or wait 15 minutes and then have two marshmallows. It’s a huge struggle for the child http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EjJsPylEOY . However these children were interviewed years later and the children who waited to eat the marshmallow at a young age were more successful, healthier individuals in their adulthood. Were these individuals happy with all of their success or were they always thinking of the future. Was the present marred by the future for them?
Don’t get me wrong the future is super important but once we’ve learned to wait for the second marshmallow is it possible to enjoy the time in between?