Click here for the original post.
1. Use a can opener to open sealed plastic packaging.
This tip would have saved me approximately 22.8 hours of my life.
2. Add saline solution to refresh dried-out mascara.
Just a couple of drops will do.
3. Use a toilet seat cover to blot the oil from a greasy face.
4. Use pretty wine corks to make planters for tiny succulents.
Put magnets on them and hang them on your fridge. Instructions here.
5. Amplify the volume of your iPhone or iPod by placing it in a bowl.
6. Use paper hole reinforcements to give yourself a half-moon manicure.
7. Use a banana to fix a DVD.
8. Use Jello as a lipstain.
Directions: Pour the powder mix into a bowl and moisten a Q-Tip with water. Then, being very careful not to use your fingers since the red stains stay put, dip the Q-Tip into the powder and apply it directly to your lips.
9. Use diluted fabric softener as a leave-in hair conditioner.
10. Use a lint roller to clean out the debris in your handbag.
I am the queen of cookie crumbs in my handbag.
11. Use nonstick spray on the inside of your votive holders.
When the candle has burned out, the remaining wax will just slip out.
12. Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
There’s a scientific explanation behind this.
(You can also use marshmallows to separate your toes during a home pedicure.)
13. Use newspaper as an odor absorber.
You can put it in Tupperware, or the crisper bin of your fridge, or in a purse with any lingering leather smells.
14. Use aspirin to turn hair made green by chlorine back to its natural color.
Dissolve six to eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water, coat hair with the solution, let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
15. Use a sock to create a big perfect hair bun.
16. Use a spoon to open a sealed-tight jar.
Read more detailed instructions here.
17. Use a rubber band for perfect French tips.
18. Hang a picture using a pop tab.
The pop tab is surprisingly sturdy.
19. Use VapoRub to train your pets.
Apply VapoRub on things you don’t want chewed up or peed on by your cat or dog — they’re turned off by the taste and smell.
It also supposedly cures toenail fungus.
20. Use mayonnaise to erase water stains from wooden furniture.
21. Use fabric softener and vinegar in a spray bottle to release wrinkles from clothing.
22. Use a cereal container as a trash disposal in your car.
23. Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to make cut flowers last longer.
24. Use Alka-Seltzer to clean your toilet.
Drop a couple tablets in, wait 20 minutes. The citric acid will dissolve the grime.
25. Use hand sanitizer to dissolve ink stains.
26. Use (unscented) dental floss to cut soft cheeses and cakes.
27. Pack your shoes in a shower cap to keep the soles from touching your clothes.
28. Use raw spaghetti strands to light hard-to-reach candle wicks.
29. Use Earl Grey teabags to get rid of a sunburn.
Read the directions here.
30. Use mustard to suck the pain out of a burn.
But also, don’t put your hand on a boiling kettle.
31. Rub the cut edge of cheese with some butter to keep it from getting moldy.
32. Use Scotch tape or nail polish to relieve an insect bite.
Blocking oxygen from getting into the bite will stop the itching.
33. Use a blow-dryer on a mirror to clear the steam after a hot shower.
34. Throw baking soda on a burgeoning grease fire.
It works much like a powder fire extinguisher. But don’t use water, baking powder or flour, as it’s likely to make the fire even bigger.
35. Open a bottle of wine using your shoe.
Maybe the most useful thing anyone needs to know, ever.
Step 1: Print this picture and hang it over your desk.
Step 2: Be uplifted by this inspiring corgi cross stitch.
Step 4: Imagine you are this penguin.
Step 6: Remember that these dogs are on your side.
Step 7: And this dog with a goat will fight for you as well.
Step 8: Be happy that you aren’t one of these people.
Step 9: Be happy that these are not your taco shells.
Step 10: Hey look, Johnny Depp had to iron cheese sandwiches too!
Step 11: Allow yourself to enjoy these pictures of dogs.
Step 12: Look at this cat riding a rooster.
Step 13: Look at this hedgehog wearing a tiny hat.
For the original follow the link:
Posted in Guilty Pleasures, Happiness, Life, Love and Other Funny Feelings, Uncategorized
Tagged Ñ, Change, Happiness, Life, Living-Well, Love and other funny feelings, Random, READ ME
Just kidding, but you should watch this video because it’ll make you happy and being happy makes you look pretty/handsome!
It’s Monday again, Welcome!
In the words of Alanis Morissette, “Isn’t it ironic? Don’t you think” that we spend our youth wanting to be older, and our adulthood desperately holding on to any traces of youth.
Anyway, my point is I discovered this website from a younger much cooler individual. (I’d like to think not that much younger– though when we were in elementary school I constantly reminded her how much older I was)
Also, the dollar sign in the name was inspired by Drake– I don’t really know why, it just was.
http://metrojolt.com/ Check it out! It’s pretty cool.
Posted in Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrl, Happiness, Mu$ik, Music, Youth
Tagged Art, Ñ, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll, Mu$ik, Music, Random, Useful
Clothes Make the Man. Naked People have little to no influence on society. -Mark Twain
My friend introduced me to this awesome blog http://www.manrepeller.com/ , by a super fly chick. When you’re hot shit like she is, who cares if you repel men. I’d like to think that’s the reason I repel them… ?
Anywho, she posted this pic:
It got me to thinking….Others treat you differently based on how you are dressed. Even you treat yourself differently and interact differently based on how you are dressed. So dress the best you can. Don’t spend $400 on an Isabel Marant shirt but let your personality show in your clothes.
I envy hipsters with their ironic mustaches and cute overalls. Neither of those has ever looked good on me…. such is life, maybe one day I’ll stop waxing my mustache and bring out my overalls from the fifth grade…..
aksfjaskljfa! Does this make sense?
Sometimes when I see “Age: 24” I’m SHOCKED! :$ I realize I’m not actually old, though my knee does pop out from time to time, but when did 24 happen?
I believe that how old you look has little to do with the way you physically look but more with your overall demeanor. Sure, you can meet someone and say 43, but when they share themselves with you, you think wow 25 and you can no longer see what made you think 43 (besides that bald spot) …. jokes . Karma, please don’t give me a bald spot for having written that….
That being said, i would rather act 5 than 15, and I would rather be 24 than 15 because though I still constantly have verbal diarrhea…. oh fuck how’d that dumb shit come out of my mouth? …. I am more comfortable with myself and I am more in control of my decisions. The key to looking 20 at 27 (besides eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables!!!! SERIOUSLY, eat the fucking broccoli it’s the best thing for you) is to feel like you are five. Did you care what anyone thought about you when you were five. Nope! You probably danced anywhere you wanted and ran naked through fountains. Give yourself equal freedom now. Now that you can choose to eat ice cream for breakfast (but remember we’re trying to live to 140 so have oatmeal instead) choose to act the way you want to, not the way you perceive other people want you to. Because they probably don’t give a rat’s ass or even worse a rat’s tail…ew!
I originally started to write this because I really like this Rookiemag.com, it’s a magazine for teenagers and has a lot of great advice that I can still relate to. One of my favorite articles is about how some of the funniest ladies on the telly lost their virginity. I admire and appreciate their youthful honesty. Check it out here.
Posted in Happiness, Life, Uncategorized, Youth
Tagged Change, comfort, giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrlllll, Happiness, Life, Lifestyle, Living-Well, Random, The more you know, Youth
Again I have been terrible at checking with my blog there is really no excuse except my laziness.